NEW THIS SPRING! beginning March 31, 2014.
Instructor: Kenneth Miller, MA, Jyotish Kovid, ACVA II
Indian Astrology, called JYOTISH or Vedic Astrology is India’s method for understanding your Destiny.
Imagine if there was a way to access the details of your life-script (your karma). You could gain understanding of your life purpose, know when to seize opportunity, and have the foreknowledge to remediate difficult circumstances. This is the tradition of Jyotish, the astrology of India. This course gives you tools to make use of the concepts and practices of Indian astrology, including how it can play a healing role in our lives, and how it can be an adjunct to your Western Astrological work.
Take a tour of the what the class will cover
The course will be hands-on with multiple example charts. Your astrological analytic skills will be strengthened through the use of the charts of ordinary people. By studying the charts of ordinary people instead of famous people, you will learn how to make sense of the often contradictory indications shown in a chart.
The course will be hands-on with multiple example charts. Your astrological analytic skills will be strengthened through the use of the charts of ordinary people.
By the end of the term you will:
- Learn how to work with the rules for evaluating a planet’s aptitude and temperament, and how it will play out in the life.
- Learn to make sense of the often contradictory indications shown in the chart.
- Learn to use your every interaction with people as opportunity to learn astrology.
- Learn the Indian concept of time for selecting auspicious activities.
- Learn how the Varga (Divisional charts) provide additional insight on a specific topic. You will learn how to calculate some of these division easily in your head.
- Learn the timing method of Dashas which determines when a planet will deliver on its promise.
- Learn to work with additional methods, including Indian transit principles and yogas (which are special planetary combinations or patterns).