Primary Instructor: Karen McCauley.
WR202 and WR203 may be taken in any order.
Students will continue to build their astrological interpretation skills as they examine issues related to families, including the parental axis, siblings, extended families and generational characteristics. Students will also explore temperament, astrology’s lost key. The primary goal of this course is to promote better understanding, application and usage of basic consultation and communication skills with regard to questions about family relationships..
By the end of this course, the students will be able to:
- have a reasonable understanding of the history and development of theories regarding temperament
- be able to identify varying temperaments applicable to children and indicated in their cosmological charts
- have a clear understanding of ethical considerations which may complicate discussions of third party charts
- understand Greenbaum's method of identifying the pure temperaments and mixed temperaments and hypothesize about their possible application to the natal chart and to family chart comparisons
- recognize and apply the basic methods for identifying parent-child, sibling, and extended family relationships in the natal chart
- Recognize the existence of parenting themes and family characteristics reflected in the natal chart
- Recognize and identify basic psychological issues likely among family members