There are correspondences between the physical body and the astrological chart. From ancient times to the Renaissance, medical doctors used these correspondences to help them in their practice.
The purpose to this course is not to engage in medical practice as understood legally. But these traditional tools can help the astrologer offer specialized services to their clients, mainly concerning the timing and circumstances of medical care provided by licensed practitioners. Click here to sign up!
Syllabus for the Full Course:
- Hippocrates and the Homeopathy/Allopathy Debate
- Humors, Lifestyles and Wellness/ How to Use the Elements
- Vitality and Longevity
- The Body, Health and Disease in the Natal Chart
- The Spirit, Health and Disease in the Natal Chart
- The Houses and their Meanings & Uses.
- Parts of the Body Chronic Tendencies (Physical or Mental) and their Magnitude
- Crisis and the Development of Disease
- The Medical Master Piece.
- Required book: J. Lee Lehman, Traditional Medical Astrology
This 10-week course includes a coursesite with weekly assignments, discussion forum and resource materials along with 90 minutes of on-line questions and exercises per week, on Tuesdays evenings from 5:30-7:00 pm Pacific / 8:30 - 10:00 pm Eastern
Students should be fully comfortable with basic astrological symbolism.
CS100 Essential Dignities Workshop or equivalent is required. Students who take CS100 will receive a $50 discount for CS102.