E520B Character Calling & Karma Part 2: Soul & Connecting to the Cosmos (4-week workshop).
Instructors: Joseph Crane and Enid Newberg. Course meets on Thursdays from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Pacific Time beginning on January 30, 2014. This workshop is part of a series series on Character, Calling, and Karma examining the multiple considerations of soul and how to work toward a soul-centered astrology. The third workshop will be held in April. Each workshop can be taken individually or you can take the entire series.
Instructors: Frank Piechoski and Bruce Scofield. Meeting time on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. Pacific. For any major undertaking, it's wise to consider “planning its birth” through the judicious use of Electional astrology. Electional astrology works with a specific set of tools and rules to do discover the most appropriate timing for an event that will give a desired outcome. Students will learn the basic rules for Electional astrology, and when and how those rules have been modified over time.
Instructor: Gary Christen. Meeting time at Sundays at 8:30 a.m. Pacific. Symmetry is a fundamental property of the universe. This principle was of great interest to the Greeks and plays an important role in astrology because astrology can be organized around symmetry. The Hamburg School, aka Uranian Astrology, and later Ebertin's Cosmobiology, place a major emphais on symmetry and nearly all interpretive work is based on it. This course takes students who are familiar with Symmetrical or Uranian astrology continues taking students into a mastery of the techniques. Students will hone their interpretative skills in descriptive and predictive astrology. Prior experience in Symmetrical Astrology required.
Instructor: Bruce Scofield. Meeting time on Tuesday from 6-7 p.m. Pacific. Many of the fundamental principles of astrology are based on symmetry. This course provides an introduction to an exciting new approach to the astrological chart that incorporates both ancient and modern methods of interpretation based on symmetry. Examples can be found in the organization of classical sign rulers, the anticia and midpoints.
Instructor: Bruce Scofield. Meeting time on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. Pacific. Astronomy and astrology have the same origins in the explorations and explanations of the visual sky. Astronomy is the study of the nature, motions and history of the Earth's cosmic environment. In this course, specifically designed for Kepler College students, we will emphasize themes relevant to a general understanding of the subject rather than one involving technical knowledge and mathematics.
CS100 Essential Dignities Workshop. Instructor: Lee Lehman. Cost: $75. This is an independent study class and has not live meetings. Students will have 4 months to complete their assignments.
Regular Certificate Courses
This certificate series provides a solid grounding in the symbolism of Western natal astrology, how the symbolism has evolved over time, how to synthesize and apply that knowledge to delineate a natal chart, and an awareness of the ethical issues involved. By the end of this certificate, students will have gained an understanding of how different philosophies and techniques developed within the Western astrological tradition; will be knowledgeable about some of the controversies that surround different methods, and will have had constant practice in applying what they have learned to chart interpretation. Unless noted, weekly live meetings are generally 1-1/2 hours. Courses offered:
- W101 Introduction to Astrological Symbolism and Practice. Instructors: Tamira McGillivray and Donna Young. Tentative meeting schedule: Tuesdays at 5:00-7:00 p.m. Pacific.
- W102 Natal Chart Interpretation - Alternate Tools. Instructors: Carol Tebbs and Jacqui Menkes. Tentative meeting schedule: Sundays at 1:00 p.m. Pacific.
- W103 Building Delineation Skills . Instructors: Karen McCauley, Inga Thornell and Judy Holloway. Tentative meeting time: Tuesday at 5:00 p.m. Pacific.
- W104 Delination: A Practicum for Natal Interpretation. Instructors: Karen McCauley, Inga Thornell and Judy Holloway. Dedicated practice on methods of interpretating natal charts. Live meetings on Sundasy at 5:00 p.m. Pacific.
- M101 Chart Mechanics Level 1. Instructor: Christine Arens. $150 for non-students; $100 for students
Covers the manual calculations needed to create a natal chart. Live sessions are on Mondays at 6:00-7:00 p.m. Pacific.
- M102 Chart Mechanics Level 2 Instructor: Christine Arens. $150 for non-students; $100 for students. Covers manual calculation techniques for progressions, directions and more. Live sessions are on Sundays from 5:00-6:00 p.m. Pacific.
The Movement Certificate examines the development of modern Western methods used to understand the cycles experienced throughout an individual’s life. The objective of this certificate is for students to understand the advantages and disadvantages of the various techniques used by astrologers to understand cycles and change. Students will see how different techniques apply to questions related to psychological development, and the timing of critical events both in the past and as potential predictions for the future. As it is increasingly common for astrologers to have clients without settled birth times, students will also learn strategies and considerations for applying these techniques to chart rectification. Weekly live meetings are 1-1/2 hours.
- W110 Moving the Chart in Time, Part 1. Includes transits, progressions, directions and more. Instructors: Carol Tebbs and Jacqui Menkes. Tentative meeting schedule Sundays at 8 a.m. Pacific
- W111 Moving the Chart in Time, Part 2. Includes Solar and Planetary Returns, secondaries, movement to secondaries and more. Instructors: Carol Tebbs and Lana Kirtser. Tentative meeting schedule: Sundays at 5:00 p.m. Pacific
By the end of this certificate, students will how to locate various relationships in the natal chart, apply multiple chart comparison techniques and be able to evaluation different modern Western approaches to the interpretation of relationships. Throughout each course, students will also examine basic counseling issues and ethical considerations involved in reading other people’s charts. Weekly live meetings are 1-1/2 hours.
- WR201 Counseling Issues in Astrology Instructors: Karen McCauley and Inga Thornell. Meeting schedule: Thursdays at 5:00 p.m. Pacific.
- WR202 Families. Instructor: Karen McCauley andInga Thornell. Meeting schedule: Wednesdays at 5:00 p.m. Pacific