Students who want a well-rounded introduction to astrological practice and philosophy are encouraged to complete a Diploma. The core diploma also grants them NCGR Level III certification. It will take approximately 2-1/2 years to complete this diploma if students take a single class each term.
Core Diploma Requirements
This Diploma is designed for students who want more than just knowing a bucket of techniques. It gives students a grounding in the field, plus an understanding of astrology's place in history and culture.
The following 12 classes plus the two chart calculation labs are required.
- Fundamentals of Natal Astrology
- W101 Introduction to Astrological Symbolism and Practice
- W102 Alternate Tools for Interpretation
- W103 Building Delineation Skills
- M101 Lab: Chart Mechanics Level 1
- Movement in Natal Astrology
- W110 Transits, progressions and directions
- W111 Solar and Planetary Returns
- M102 Lab: Chart Mechanics Level 2
- WR201 Introduction to Astrological Counseling. This class introduces the basic concepts of counseling as well as ethical considerations.
- E200 Introduction to Classical Methods. This class introduces the student to the basics of horary, mundane and electional methods.
- E300 Astrological Heritage. This class gives a 3,000 year overview of the history of astrology.
- E400 Visual Astrology. Learn about the solar system and the linkages between astronomy and astrology.
- Astrological Forecasting & Delineation (1 class). Select from several courses that focus on choosing the appropriate tool/s for the problem at hand – classes can include W112, WR202, WR203, Practicum (coming), Intermediate or advanced delineation (coming)
Diploma with Practicum
Students who intend to become practicing astrologers are encouraged to complete the Diploma with Practicum. In addition to completing the requirements of the Certificate Diploma, they would take an Advanced Practicum (limited to 6 students). This practicum would allow them to work collectively to apply chart reading skills for clients in a guided environment. This is an excellent way to get a headstart on the the practice and skills you need to see clients on a professional basis.
Advanced Diploma with Specialization
The Diploma with Specialization gives the student the opportunity to build their skills in a specialty area and be acknowledged for their work.To successfully complete this diploma, students need 9 additional classes, plus a demonstration of learning.
- Required: At least three classes in one specialty area (this can be one complete certificate beyond the core essentials that has not already been completed through the standard diploma)
- The Mythology of Astrology (coming). This can include archetypal or world mythology
- Astrology in Literature. This can include an exploration of astrological symbolism in world literature or literature of a specific time period or focus.
- Philosophy (coming). This can include systems theory, Vedic philosophy, western philosophy, or esoteric philosophy.
- Final Demonstration of Learning. This can be a paper, a project, a presentation or other demonstration of learning as agreed upon between the student and their chosen instructor.