This class offers a survey of the history of astrology, primarily in the West.
- Exmaine how astrology originated in various cultures and what questions it sought to address
- See how astrology became embedded in mainstream culture in these socieities
- Study the lineages in which different astrological theoris developed
- Examine the relationship between the history of science and religion, philosophy and mythology
- Examine the changes in cosmology throughout history and how these changes affected society's attitudes.
- Critique the intellectual shifts in religion and philosophy that led to the modern scientific and secular worldview, and the rejection of intuitive ways of knowing
- Explore how changes in 20th century philosophy and science affected the arts and sciences, and how 21st century research is moving toward a more inclusive world view.
This course is required for the Certificate Diploma, although it can also be taken as an elective.