Students who want a well-rounded introduction to astrological practice and philosophy are encouraged to complete a Diploma. The core diploma also grants them NCGR Level III certification. It will take approximately 3 years to complete this diploma if students take a single class each term.
Core Diploma Requirements
This Diploma is designed for students who want more than just knowing a bucket of techniques. It gives students a grounding in the field, plus an understanding of astrology's place in history and culture.
The following 12 classes plus the two chart calculation labs are required.
- Fundamentals of Natal Astrology
- W101 Introduction to Astrological Symbolism and Practice
- W102 Alternate Tools for Interpretation
- W103 Building Delineation Skills
- M101 Lab: Chart Mechanics Level 1
- Movement in Natal Astrology
- W110 Transits, progressions and directions
- W111 Solar and Planetary Returns
- M102 Lab: Chart Mechanics Level 2
- WR201 Introduction to Astrological Counseling. This class introduces the basic concepts of counseling as well as ethical considerations.
- E300 Astrological Heritage. Astrology has a rich heritage that is most often neglected in the history books. This course corrects this oversight and gives the student a deeper understanding of astrology's roots by providing a 3,000 year overview.
- E400 Astronomy for Astrologers. Astrology does not exist without astronomy. This course gives the astrologer a solid understanding of the solar system and the linkages between astronomy and astrology.
- Astrological Forecasting (2 courses or equivalent*) This requirement can be satisfied by taking CS101 Horary, E531 Electional Astrology, or an intermediate or advanced delineation like W112 Rectification or W113 Practicum in Moving the Chart in Time
- Alternate Methodologies (2 courses or equivalent*) Vedic, Hellenistic, Classical/Medieval, Symmetrical, Uranian, Cosmobiology, Evolutionary Astrology, Meso-American, Astro-Mapping, Heliocentric, Chinese or Tibetan, Relationship Astrology, Financial/Business
Students who intend to become practicing astrologers are encouraged to complete a Practicum such as WR204 Delineation offered through the Relationship Certificate. This practicum would allow them to work collectively to apply chart reading skills for clients in a guided environment. This is an excellent way to get a headstart on the the practice and skills you need to see clients on a professional basis.
Advanced Diploma with Specialization
The Diploma with Specialization (6 courses plus demonstration of professional growth) gives the student the opportunity to build their skills in three ways: build a solid foundation of knowledge about astrology’s development and breadth through the ages, concentrate on a specialty area and do a demonstration of their professional.
Pre-requisite: Completion of basic diploma
- Three courses in one specialty area (one complete certificate beyond the core essentials, that was not completed in the basic diploma)
- 1 course: Mythology: astrology-related world mythology or that of a specific era, ancient & modern archetypal astrology;
- 1 course: Literature: astrological symbolism in world literature or literature of a specific time period or focus.
- 1 course: Philosophy: systems theory, Vedic philosophy, western philosophy, or esoteric philosophy. (E520A, B and C can be used to satisfy this requirement)
- Final Demonstration of Learning. This can be a paper, project, webinar or conference presentation (recorded) or other tangible demonstration of learning which must be pre-approved and critiqued by a committee of designated faculty members.